iwidgets::canvasprintbox - Create and manipulate a canvas print box widget
iwidgets::canvasprintbox pathName ?options?
itk::Widget <- iwidgets::Canvasprintbox
activeBackground background borderWidth cursor
foreground highlightBackground highlightColor highlightThickness
insertBackground insertBorderWidth insertOffTime insertOnTime
insertWidth relief repeatDelay repeatInterval
selectBackground selectBorderWidth selectForeground
See the options manual entry for details on the standard options.
Command-Line Switch: -filename
The file to write the postscript output to (Only when output is set to "file"). If posterizing is turned on and hpagecnt and/or vpagecnt is more than 1, x.y is appended to the filename where x is the horizontal page number and y the vertical page number.
Command-Line Switch: -hpagecnt
Is used in combination with posterize to determine over how many pages the output should be distributed. This attribute specifies how many pages should be used horizontaly. Any change to this attribute will automatically update the "stamp". Defaults to 1.
Command-Line Switch: -orient
Determines the orientation of the output to the printer (or file). It can take the value "portrait" or "landscape" (default). Changes to this attribute will be reflected immediately in the "stamp". Defaults to "landscape" but will be changed automaticaly to the value deemed appropiate for the current canvas. Setting this attribute when the canvasprintbox is first constructed (instead of using the "configure" method) will turn off the auto adjustment of this attribute.
Command-Line Switch: -output
Specifies where the postscript output should go: to the printer or to a file. Can take on the values "printer" or "file". The corresponding entry-widget will reflect the contents of either the printcmd attribute or the filename attribute. Defaults to "printer".
Command-Line Switch: -pagesize
The pagesize the printer supports. Changes to this attribute will be reflected immediately in the "stamp". Defaults to "a4".
Command-Line Switch: -posterize
Indicates if posterizing is turned on or not. Posterizing the output means that it is possible to distribute the output over more than one page. This way it is possible to print a canvas/region which is larger than the specified pagesize without stretching. If used in combination with stretching it can be used to "blow up" the contents of a canvas to as large as size as you want (See attributes: hpagecnt and vpagecnt). Any change to this attribute will automatically update the "stamp". Defaults to 0.
Command-Line Switch: -printcmd
The command to execute when printing the postscript output. The command will get the postscript directed to its standard input (Only when output is set to "printer"). Defaults to "lpr".
Command-Line Switch: -printregion
A list of four coordinates specifying which part of the canvas to print. An empty list means that the canvas' entire scrollregion should be printed. Any change to this attribute will automatically update the "stamp". Defaults to an empty list.
Command-Line Switch: -stretch
Determines if the output should be stretched to fill the page (as defined by the attribute pagesize) as large as possible. The aspect-ratio of the output will be retained and the output will never fall outside of the boundaries of the page. Defaults to 0 but will be changed automaticaly to the value deemed appropiate for the current canvas. Setting this attribute when the canvasprintbox is first constructed (instead of using the "configure" method) will turn off the auto adjustment of this attribute.
Command-Line Switch: -vpagecnt
Is used in combination with "posterize" to determine over how many pages the output should be distributed. This attribute specifies how many pages should be used verticaly. Any change to this attribute will automatically update the "stamp". Defaults to 1.
Implements a print box for printing the contents of a canvas widget to a printer or a file. It is possible to specify page orientation, the number of pages to print the image on and if the output should be stretched to fit the page. Options exist to control the appearance and actions of the widget.
The iwidgets::canvasprintbox command creates a new Tcl command whose name is pathName. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the widget. It has the following general form:
pathName option ?arg arg ...?
Option and the args determine the exact behavior of the command. The following commands are possible for canvasprintbox widgets:
- pathName cget option
- Returns the current value of the configuration option given by option. Option may have any of the values accepted by the iwidgets::canvasprintbox command.
- pathName configure ?option? ?value option value ...?
- Query or modify the configuration options of the widget. If no option is specified, returns a list describing all of the available options for pathName (see Tk_ConfigureInfo for information on the format of this list). If option is specified with no value, then the command returns a list describing the one named option (this list will be identical to the corresponding sublist of the value returned if no option is specified). If one or more option-value pairs are specified, then the command modifies the given widget option(s) to have the given value(s); in this case the command returns an empty string. Option may have any of the values accepted by the iwidgets::canvasprintbox command.
- pathName getoutput
- Returns the value of the printercmd or filename option depending on the current setting of output.
- pathName print
- Perfrom the actual printing of the canvas using the current settings of all the attributes. Returns a boolean indicating wether the printing was successful or not.
- pathName refresh
- Retrieves the current value for all edit fields and updates the stamp accordingly. Is useful for Apply-buttons.
- pathName setcanvas canvas
- This is used to set the canvas that has to be printed. A stamp-sized copy will automatically be drawn to show how the output would look with the current settings.
- pathName stop
- Stops the drawing of the "stamp". I'm currently unable to detect when a Canvasprintbox gets destroyed or withdrawn. It's therefore advised that you perform a stop before you do something like that.
The prtflentry component is the entry field for user input of the filename or printer command (depending on the value of output).
The hpcnt component is the entry field for user input of the number of pages to use horizontaly when posterize is turned on.
The vpcnt component is the entry field for user input of the number of pages to use verticaly when posterize is turned on.
package require Iwidgets 4.0
iwidgets::canvasprintbox .fsb -orient landscape -stretch 1
pack .fsb -padx 10 -pady 10 -fill both -expand yes