iwidgets::scrolledhtml - Create and manipulate a scrolled text widget with the capability of displaying HTML formatted documents.
iwidgets::scrolledhtml pathName ?options?
itk::Widget <- iwidgets::Labeledwidget <- iwidgets::Scrolledtext <- iwidgets::Scrolledhtml
activeBackground background borderWidth cursor
exportSelection foreground highlightColor highlightThickness
insertBackground insertBorderWidth insertOffTime insertOnTime
insertWidth padX padY relief
repeatDelay repeatInterval selectBackground selectBorderWidth
See the options manual entry for details on the standard options.
activeRelief elementBorderWidth jump troughColor
See the scrollbar widget manual entry for details on the above associated options.
spacing1 spacing2 spacing3 state
See the text widget manual entry for details on the above associated options.
labelBitmap labelFont labelImage labelMargin
labelPos labelText labelVariable height
hscrollMode sbWidth scrollMargin visibleitems
See the scrolledtext class manual entry for details on the inherited options.
See the labeledwidget class manual entry for details on the inherited options.
Command-Line Switch: -feedback
Specifies the callback command to use to give feedback on current status. The command is executed in the form command <number of characters remaining>
Command-Line Switch: -fixedfont
Specifies the name of the font to be used for fixed-width character text (such as <pre>...</pre> or <tt>...</tt>.) The size, style, and other font attributes are determined by the format tags in the document. The default is courier.
Command-Line Switch: -fontname
Specifies the name of the font to be used for normal-width character spaced text. The size, style, and other font attributes are determined by the format tags in the document. The default is times.
Command-Line Switch: -fontsize
Specifies the general size of the fonts used. One of small, medium, large, or huge. The default is medium.
Command-Line Switch: -foreground
Specifies the color of text other than hypertext links, in any of the forms acceptable to Tk_GetColor. This value may be overridden in a particular document by the text attribute of the Body HTML tag.
Command-Line Switch: -link
Specifies the default color of hypertext links in any of the forms acceptable to Tk_GetColor. This value may be overridden in a particular document by the link attribute of the Body HTML tag. The default is blue.
Command-Line Switch: -linkcommand
Specifies the command to execute when the user clicks on a hypertext link. Execution is of the form linkcommand href, where href is the value given in the href attribute of the A HTML tag.
Command-Line Switch: -alink
Specifies the color of hypertext links when the cursor is over the link in any of the forms acceptable to Tk_GetColor. The default is red.
Command-Line Switch: -textbackground
Specifies the background color for the text area in any of the forms acceptable to Tk_GetColor. This value may be overridden in a particular document by the bgcolor attribute of the Body HTML tag.
Command-Line Switch: -unknownimage
Specifies the name of the image file to display when an img specified in the html document cannot be loaded.
Command-Line Switch: -alink
A boolean value indicating whether to call update during html rendering.
The iwidgets::scrolledhtml command creates a scrolled text widget with the additional capability to display html formatted documents. An import method is provided to read an html document file, and a render method is provided to display a html formatted text string.
The iwidgets::scrolledhtml command creates a new Tcl command whose name is pathName. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the widget. It has the following general form:
pathName option ?arg arg ...?
Option and the args determine the exact behavior of the command. The following commands are possible for scrolledhtml widgets:
bbox compare debug delete
dlineinfo get index insert
mark scan search see
tag window xview yview
See the text manual entry for details on the standard methods.
See the scrolledhtml manual entry for details on the inherited methods.
- pathName cget option
- Returns the current value of the configuration option given by option. Option may have any of the values accepted by the iwidgets::scrolledhtml command.
- pathName configure ?option? ?value option value ...?
- Query or modify the configuration options of the widget. If no option is specified, returns a list describing all of the available options for pathName (see Tk_ConfigureInfo for information on the format of this list). If option is specified with no value, then the command returns a list describing the one named option (this list will be identical to the corresponding sublist of the value returned if no option is specified). If one or more option-value pairs are specified, then the command modifies the given widget option(s) to have the given value(s); in this case the command returns an empty string. Option may have any of the values accepted by the iwidgets::scrolledhtml command.
- pathName import ?option? href
- Load html formatted text from a file. Href must exist. If option is -link, href is assumed to be relative to the application's current working directory. Otherwise, href is assumed to be relative to the path of the last page loaded. Href is either a filename, or a reference of the form filename#anchorname. In the latter form, fIFilename and/or anchorname may be empty. If filename is empty, the current document is assumed. If anchorname is empty, the top of the document is assumed.
- pathName pwd
- Print the current working directory of the widget, i.e. the directory of the last page loaded.
- pathName render htmltext ?wd?
- Display HTML formatted text htmltext. Wd gives the base path to use for all links and images in the document. Wd defaults to the application's current working directory.
- pathName title
- Return the title of the current page, as given in the <title>...</title> field in the document.
This widget is compliant with HTML 3.2 with the following exceptions:
No features requiring a connection to an http server are supported.
Some image alignments aren't supported, because they are not supported by the text widget.
The <br> attributes dealing with image alignments aren't supported.
Automatic table sizing is not supported very well, due to limitations of the text widget
package require Iwidgets 4.0
option add *textBackground white
iwidgets::scrolledhtml .sh -fontname helvetica -linkcommand "this import -link"
pack .sh -padx 10 -pady 10 -fill both -expand yes
.sh import ~/public_html/index.html
Cells in a table can be caused to overlap. ex: <table border width="100%"> <tr><td>cell1</td><td align=right rowspan=2>cell2</td></tr> <tr><td colspan=2>cell3 w/ overlap</td> </table> It hasn't been fixed because 1) it's a pain to fix, 2) it will slow tables down by a significant amount, and 3) netscape has the same bug, as of V3.01.
This code is based largely on his tkhtml.tcl code from tk inspect. Tkhtml is copyright 1995 Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory.
scrolledhtml, html, text, widget